RE: A proposal for clarifying the definitions of datatype maps

Hello Michael,

Please find my answers inline.

Regards,

	Boris

This is precisely what I mean.

> But I wonder whether you ask for more than just (1). I can see that
> the definitions of datatype maps, vocabularies and interpretations in
> the Direct Semantics are stated in a very general way, and do not make
> any reference to the concrete set of datatypes listed in the
> Structural Spec. So do you want to change this in the way that

I don't want to say which datatypes need to be included into the datatype map.
This is mainly because of the theorem DS1: it should be applicable to any
datatype map regardless of whether it contains all, some, or none of the
datatypes mentioned in Section 4 of Syntax.

Therefore, I think we should simply say that, if D includes one of the
datatypes, then it should define the datatype in the same way as in Section 4.

> Aspect (2): the set of datatype names in a datatype map must
> *coincide* with the set of datatype names listed in the Structural
> Spec, i.e. a datatype map used in the Direct Semantics must contain
> those and only those datatypes that are given in the Structural Spec?

No, I didn't mean to say that. This is just a bug in the way I expressed the
condition in the e-mail; however, the text I'd like to add to Syntax would not
reflect this interpretation.

Regards,

	Boris