From: Alan Ruttenberg [mailto:alanruttenberg@gmail.com]
Sent: 30 March 2009 14:22
To: Boris Motik
Cc: W3C OWL Working Group
Subject: Re: I've implemented the changes to xsd:dateTimeStamp

Hello Boris,

By my read, the situation regarding the value space of the
dateTime/dateTimeStamp is that there is a single value space, but that some
values are incomparable.

"Values from any one date/time datatype using the seven-component model (all
except  <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/#duration> duration) are ordered the
same as their  <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/#vp-dt-timeOnTimeline>
.timeOnTimeline. values, except that if one value's
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/#vp-dt-timezone> .timezoneOffset. is absent
and the other's is not, and using maximum and minimum
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/#vp-dt-timezone> .timezoneOffset. values for
the one whose  <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/#vp-dt-timezone>
.timezoneOffset. is actually absentchanges the resulting (strict) inequality,
the original two values are incomparable."

Is that your understanding?

-Alan

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/#theSevenPropertyModel

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Boris Motik <boris.motik@comlab.ox.ac.uk>