Re: OWL naming issues

On 25 Mar 2009, at 06:17, Ivan Herman wrote:

> (My interpretation of the situation, Ian's may be a bit different)
>
> Jonathan Rees wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> By 'any OWL 2 ontology' do you mean any instance of the Ontology
>> UML class?
>>

> That is a good way of putting it, yes

See Figure 1 in the Document Overview -- it could be an instance of
the Ontology UML class, but it could also be an RDF graph.

>> What is encompassed by 'OWL 2 - the entire language' ? E.g. would
>> an OWL/XML document belong to 'OWL 2 - the entire language' ?

This is a very generic term that encompasses all aspects of the
language. The way I think about it is that if I say "blah blah OWL 2
blah blah", then the statement should still be true if I change any
details of syntax or semantics occurring in the blah.

Ian