Re: A Last Call comment about the seamtnics of xsd:dateTimeStamp in OWL 2 (caused by the yesterday's decision about numerics)

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 8:13 AM, Antoine Zimmermann
<antoine.zimmermann@deri.org> wrote:
> Boris Motik a écrit :
>>
>>  [...]
>> Note that this is *exactly* the same problem as the one we have with
>> xsd:decimal
>> and xsd:double; hence, I consider it really strange to use one solution
>> for
>> numerics but a completely different one for dates.
>
> I agree. And for consistency, it would be reasonable to adopt this change,
> IMHO.
>
>> [...]
>> - Nobody (such as RIF) can scorn us for going our way: we can always point
>> XML Schema and say "Here is the holy bible!"
>
> The Bible is all about interpretation ;-)

Hello Antoine.
I'd consider something of a failure if anything in our normative
specification is subject to interpretation. Would you not agree that
the bible is a rather bad example to follow if one is writing a
specification?
-Alan