Re: A proposal for clarifying the definitions of datatype maps, take II

As you will recall, the WG approved Boris's proposal during the 1st
July teleconf [1]. Completing the necessary work has taken a while --
entirely my fault for being slow to do the necessary work on
Conformance.

To summarise, Boris has clarified the definition of datatypes and the
OWL datatype map in Syntax. As a result, Conformance no longer needs
to specify constraints on datatypes and the datatype map (e.g., that
conformant tools must use the OWL 2 datatype map) -- the datatypes
that can occur in (profile) documents and that must be supported by
(profile) tools are now explicitly defined in Syntax and Profiles.
The relevant diffs are:

http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?
title=Syntax&diff=24783&oldid=24704
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?
title=Syntax&diff=24850&oldid=24798
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?
title=Conformance&diff=24942&oldid=24877

Please let us know ASAP if you have any comments w.r.t. these changes.

Regards,
Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/meeting/2009-07-01#resolution_2