Re: Questions about annotation property in OWL 2

Let me see if I understand exactly what you want to do:

The entities involved are:

A (a named individual that is a member of the class Person)
"Thomas Smith"
"Tom Smith"
"Tom"
"Thomas"

The annotation IRIs are
:firstName
:lastName
:fullName (relates a Person to a name represented as a string)

This much seems clear.

What isn't clear is what the intended domain and range of firstName
and lastName are. I understand fullName to relate a Person to a name
represented as a string, but I'm not sure if you intend firstName and
lastName to also relate a Person to a name or whether these are
intended to relate a part of a name to a name (or something else).

Assuming that all relations relate a person to a name, You would have
(omitting namespace prefix)

ClassAssertion(Person A)
AnnotationAssertion(A fullName "Thomas Smith")
AnnotationAssertion(A fullName "Tom Smith")
AnnotationAssertion(A firstName "Thomas")
AnnotationAssertion(A firstName "Tom")
AnnotationAssertion(A lastName "Smith")

Could you verify that you want at least this, or if not, make clear
which annotations you want to make about A. What relations do you want
to state beyond this.

Note that "Tom" and "Thomas" are implicitly related in that a query
which asked for the firstName annotations on A would return both of
them.

Regards,
Alan