From: Achille Fokoue [mailto:achille@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 09 September 2008 15:02
To: Boris Motik
Cc: public-owl-wg@w3.org
Subject: RE: Review: XML Serialization

Hi Boris,

Thanks for quickly taking into account my  comments!

Regarding 'KeyFor', after double-checking, here is the definition of 'Axiom' found in section 9 of the syntax spec (at least the
version available on the WG wiki at 9:30 am ET today) :
Axiom := Declaration | ClassAxiom | ObjectPropertyAxiom | DataPropertyAxiom | *KeyFor* | Assertion | EntityAnnotation |
AnonymousIndividualAnnotation. 'KeyFor' appears as an Axiom. It also appears as such in the UML diagram located at the beginning of
section 9.4 .

On a different note, I completely agree with you that facets should not be as tightly constrained as they were in the previous
version of the XML Schema.

Best regards,
Achille.

"Boris Motik" <boris.motik@comlab.ox.ac.uk>

09/08/2008 07:54 PM

Achille Fokoue/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

cc

Subject

RE: Review: XML Serialization

Hello Achille,

Thanks for your review! I've addressed your comments as follows:

- I've added declarations for the missing entities to the example.

- I've changed the import statement to have the form <ox:Import>http://.</ox:Import>.

- I've updated the definition of InverseObjectProperty as you've suggested.

- The comment about totalDigits and fractionDigits is actually an error in the Syntax document: no datatype in the OWL 2 datatype
map supports these facets. On second thought, it might be bad anyway to restrict either of the syntaxes to a particular set of
facets: OWL 2 implementations are allowed to define their own facets. Therefore, the set of supported facets is actually defined by
the datatype map and should not be checked at the syntax level. Consequently, I've updated both the Syntax document and the XML
Syntax not to check the facets.

- I've changed FacetLiteralPair to FacetRestriction as you've suggested.

- I didn't understand your comment about KeyFor: in Section 9 of the Syntax document, KeyFor is listed before the assertions (in the
grammar, the diagrams, and the actual sections of the document). This is exactly where KeyFor is listed in XML Syntax as well.

- I've added InverseObjectProperties to the list.

Thanks again for this detailed review: I guess after so much time looking at it I just can't spot the bugs any more.

Regards,

            Boris

  _____