Re: ISSUE-130 / ACTION-194 Come up with a proposal for conformance

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 15:09:46 +0200
To: Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
CC: Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>, W3C OWL Working Group <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

Ian Horrocks wrote:

>> * 1.2.1
>>
>>   """
>>   An OWL 2 RL entailment checker
>>   [...] MUST return True only when O1 entails O2,
>>   and it must return False
>>   only when FO(O1) ? R does not entail FO(O2)
>>   under the standard first-order semantics
>>   """

This is again a naming issue, a bit like Michael's question on how to
refer to RDF vs. model theoretical semantics. But what exactly do we
mean here by 'standard first order semantics'? I have an idea, for sure,
but we may have to at least put a clear reference here... (RIF?)

Ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/