Re: Question about the topProperty

Tracker, this is also related to ISSUE-112

-Rinke

On 30 apr 2008, at 16:53, Markus Krötzsch wrote:

> On Mittwoch, 30. April 2008, Markus Krötzsch wrote:

>>> For the case of EL++: the top and bottom properties can be
>>> included. They
>>> do add to the expressivity, but do not increase computational
>>> complexity.
>>> The latter is very easy to see by looking at existing EL++
>>> algorithms,
>>> and I think it also follows from Markus' rule-extension of EL++.
>>
>> Yes, and this is still the case if you add things like role
>> disjointness
>> and local reflexivity. If you add only universal properties, it is
>> indeed
>> very easy to modify the existing algorithms.
>>
>> Anything above OWL DL can easily axiomatise a top property (using DL
>> pseudo-notation here, sorry):
>>
>> TOP SUBCLASSOF EXISTS R1.{a}
>> TOP SUBCLASSOF EXISTS R2.{a}
>> R1 o R2 SUBPROPOF U
> Typo. It should of course be:
>
> R1 o R2- SUBPROPOF U
>
> R1, R2 (properties) and a (individual) are of course new names, not
> used
> anywhere else.
>
> -- Markus
>

>> Then U is the universal. In other words: when you have defined your
>> semantics for TOP (thing), you also can define an according "cross
>> product"
>> TOP x TOP easily. BottomProperties are even easier (see previous
>> telco
>> logs).
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Markus
>>
>>> greetings,
>>> 		Carsten
>>>
>>> --
>>> *      Carsten Lutz, Institut f"ur Theoretische Informatik, TU
>>> Dresden
>>> * *     Office phone:++49 351 46339171
>>> mailto:lutz@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de *
>

> --
> Markus Krötzsch
> Institut AIFB, Universität Karlsruhe (TH), 76128 Karlsruhe
> phone +49 (0)721 608 7362          fax +49 (0)721 608 5998
> mak@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de          www  http://korrekt.org

Drs. Rinke Hoekstra

Email: hoekstra@uva.nl    Skype:  rinkehoekstra
Phone: +31-20-5253499     Fax:   +31-20-5253495
Web:   http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke

Leibniz Center for Law,          Faculty of Law
University of Amsterdam,            PO Box 1030
1000 BA  Amsterdam,             The Netherlands