Re: Multiple ontologies in a single file: RDF vs. the rest

As I read it, the validity is still only for imports closure.
Specifically, 4.9.3 in the syntax document:

"In OWL 2 there is no requirement that a declaration for an entity
must physically precede the entity's usage in ontology documents;
furthermore, declarations for entities can be located in imported
ontologies and imports are allowed to be cyclic."

and  Section 3.3 of the mapping document
"The set AllDecl(O) of all declarations is computed by taking the
union of the set Decl(O), the sets Decl(O') for each ontology O'
imported (directly or indirectly) into O, and the declarations for
built-in entities from Table 2 of the OWL 2 Specification [OWL 2
Specification]. The declarations in AllDecl(O) are checked for typing
constraints, as specified in Section 4.9.1 of the OWL 2 Specification
[OWL 2 Specification]. If the constraints are not satisfied, the
graph G is rejected as syntactically incorrect."

However, syntax 4.9 says: "All entities apart from datatypes can, and
sometimes even must, be declared in an OWL 2 ontology."   In order
that it agree with the above it should say:  "All entities apart from
datatypes can, and sometimes even must, be declared in the imports
closure of an OWL 2 ontology."

-Alan