RE: Want GRDDL intro for WG-dummies :)

Ivan Herman wrote:

>>> O.k. Another possibility (but that is really the other extreme):
>>>
>>> http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/CorePresentations/SWTutorial/Slides.pdf
>>>
>>> and look at slides #88-#92
>>
>> Yes, much better! :)
>>
>> I will have a deeper look on it later this day. Be prepared to answer
>concrete
>> questions w.r.t. our OWL/XML GRDDL issue. :)
>>

>I will do my best...

Ok, then I will put a deliberately provocative question:
What *is* GRDDL actually?

I can define an XSLT between two XML formats, anyway.
Is GRDDL more than just a hint to people that they can
use XSLT to transform arbitrary XML to *RDF/XML* in particular?

Or putting it differently: What would be missing,
if GRDDL wouldn't exist, given that there is already XSLT?

Or putting it even more differently: What would be wrong with
just defining *some* XSLT from OWL/XML to RDF/XML,
simply forgetting about the *word* "GRDDL"?