Re: ISSUE-108: Names for Profiles

Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> Barry Smith offers
>
> OWL Classes
> OWL Instances
> OLW Rules
>
> Of what I've seen, I like the single letter names. But really, I think
> we need a marketer to help us figure this out, as my sense is that we're
> all so close to the history that we won't be able to appreciate what
> it's going to be like for the majority who use owl, who don't know it.
> I'm spreading the word....

Although I agree with the marketer's issue, I think the names by Barry
are really bad, I am sorry:-( As an outsider my immediate reaction would
be that if I use 'OWL Instances' that means I could not use OWL
Classes... Let alone the fact that if I have a sentence saying 'OWL
Classes bla bla', how do I know whether I refer to OWL Classes in terms
of the concept of owl:Class or whether I refer to a profile?

Ivan