Re: ISSUE-108: Names for Profiles

On Thu, 1 May 2008, Ivan Herman wrote:

> Markus Krötzsch wrote:
>> Not caring about any particular name or pronunciation, I still think name
>> changes would really be in order. Main requirements are:
>>
>> * unified naming: profile names should look somewhat similar in shape,
>> * avoid non-letter symbols ("+")
>> * avoid "Lite"
>>
>> I would be happy with Bijan's one-letter version (E, D, R). At least these
>> are easily recognised as smaller profiles.
>>
>> For a two-letter version, I would prefer: EL, DB, LP.
>> (Some of these might be too close to "DL")
>>

> EL and DB sounds actually good to me (sorry Markus, I prefer the two-letter
> alternatives:-)
>
> For the third, LB is not bad; another alternative may be 'RL' (for rules)
> although it is not necessarily easy to pronounce...

Out of the current one-, two-, and three-letter proposals, I very much
favour the two-letter ones. "EL" and "DB" are very natural and under-
standable for EL++ and DL-Lite, and to me "RL" is also fine for OWL-R.
In principle, of course, we do not need the sumber of letters for each
profile and could use "EL", "DB", and "R". I slightly prefer "RL",
though.

greetings,
 		Carsten