RE: proposal to close ISSUE-102

Hello,

As for your first question, note that no OWL 1.1 ontology can consist solely of a property: ontologies consist of axioms, so there
is no way for an ontology to contain an entity directly. An ontology can contain a declaration axiom for a property. Then, the
translation of such an ontology into RDF would generate RDF triples.

As for your second question, the graph can be translated into an OWL 1.1 ontology; however, the result of the translation is empty.
rdf:type triples are used in the translation only as hint for disambiguating types of things; they do not contribute to axioms in
the ontology. The proper way to put a triple into an (RDF) ontology is to declare it (in a declaration axiom).

I've explained all of this my three rather long e-mails that I've sent out quite some time ago:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2007Dec/0184.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2007Dec/0185.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2007Dec/0186.html

BTW, I fully support Peter's proposal for resolution of ISSUE-102, with an amendment to also update the grammar to use the
annotationProperty nonterminal instead of annotationURI and to change the diagrams and the XML serialization accordingly. If
everybody agrees, I can change the spec over the weekend.

Boris