RE: [META] Raising a new issue as "raised" or "open"?

Hi Alan!

>You did the correct thing. It was my mistake to miss the issue.
>Apologies again,
>Alan

Disagreed! Tracker is the culprit! :)

A proposal to change the behaviour of Tracker:

  * When raising an issue, the initial state should be "raised", not "open".

  * Perhaps, instead of different tables for "raised" and "open", there
should be only one for both states (actually: every state different from
"closed"). One can easily distinguish between the "degree of openness" by
the "State" flag in the table.

  * similar for the actions: currently, there are distinct tables for "open"
and "pending review" tables. I do not regard this to be useful.

  * The "Issues" Wiki page also talks about an "owner" of an issue:

     "Each open issue will be assigned an "owner" whose responsibility
     it is to initiate/lead a discussion, the objective of which is to
     bring to the WG a proposal to close the issue as RESOLVED, POSTPONED
     or REJECTED; the owner will normally be the same person who raised
     the issue."

    So normally, the owner is the raiser, but for the non-normal cases, what
is still missing is a specific "owner" entry  for each issue.