Re: proposal to close (as RESOLVED) ISSUE-90 (class and property deprecation)

On 24 jan 2008, at 04:42, Jim Hendler wrote:
*snip*
> Syntax: no change
> Semantics: no change
> RDF mapping: no change

Just to be clear: at the current state of the documents this would
mean that backward compatibility is dropped (i.e. no change equals
Peter's proposal)

-Rinke

> backward compatibility: maintained
>   -JH
>

> On Jan 23, 2008, at 2:20 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>

>> As I mentioned in the teleconference on 23 January 2008,  I propose
>> close ISSUE-90 by deprecating deprecation.
>>
>> This requires the following changes:
>>
>> Syntax: Add a note to the Differences section saying that
>> deprecation of
>>  	classes, datatypes, and properties is deprecated and is not a
>>  	part of the functional syntax or structural specification.
>>
>> 	No other change.
>>
>> Semantics: No change.
>>
>> RDF Mapping: Add a new section at the (that will be much expanded
>> later,
>>     	     probably) to mention that owl:DeprecatedClass and
>>     	     owl:DeprecatedProperty are not part of OWL 1.1.
>>
>>    OPTION 1: Add a paragraph to Section 3 saying that triples of the
>>  	     form x rdf:type owl:DeprecatedClass where Type(x) contains
>>  	     owl:Class or rdfs:Datatype, or of the form x rdf:type
>>  	     owl:DeprecatedProperty where Type(x) contains
>>  	     owl:ObjectProperty or owl:DatatypeProperty or
>>  	     owl:AnnotationProperty are removed
>>
>>    OPTION 2: No change to Section 3, which means that use of
>>    	     owl:DeprecatedClass or owl:DeprecatedProperty is not in OWL
>>    	     1.1.
>>
>> I much prefer OPTION 2.
>>

>> peter
>>

> "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research,
> would it?." - Albert Einstein
>
> Prof James Hendler				http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~hendler
> Tetherless World Constellation Chair
> Computer Science Dept
> Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy NY 12180

Drs. Rinke Hoekstra

Email: hoekstra@uva.nl    Skype:  rinkehoekstra
Phone: +31-20-5253499     Fax:   +31-20-5253495
Web:   http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke

Leibniz Center for Law,          Faculty of Law
University of Amsterdam,            PO Box 1030
1000 BA  Amsterdam,             The Netherlands