Re: Evidence of user attitudes toward BNodes (was Re: Proposal and Test cases (Re: skolems: visible differences?))

I read that differently

Fred's concern appears to be about unique names assumption
[[
I think the naive view is that two things are distinct if they
look distinct.  Two IRIs that are spelled differently are
different.  Two blank nodes with different node identity
are different.  (Blank node identifiers are proxies for node
identity; two blank nodes with different identifiers are
different).
]]

this is pertinent because blank nodes basically are blank and don't have
names (particularly in RDF/XML).

My reading is that e-mail is phrased as concession to users naive
expectation of unique names - the OWL 1.1 DL user with such an
expectation will come unstuck many times over in a whole variety of places.

The naive SPARQL user may have greater success.

Jeremy