Re: ISSUE-93 (Language tags): RFC 3066 - Tags for the Identification of Languages

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Subject: Re: ISSUE-93 (Language tags): RFC 3066 - Tags for the Identification of Languages
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 08:40:13 -0500

> > 2/ The current document points to a document that is controlled by a
> >    single person.  I expect that this is not appropriate for a W3C
> >    rec-track document.
>
> I'm not following this closely, but I think you're talking about the
> turtle spec, which got a step more official on Monday with:
>     http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/turtle/
>
> (There's also http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/n3/)
>
>        -- Sandro

Hmm.  Only one, small, step more official.

	By publishing this document, David Beckett and Tim Berners-Lee
	have made a formal submission to W3C for discussion. Publication
	of this document by W3C indicates no endorsement of its content
	by W3C, nor that W3C has, is, or will be allocating any
	resources to the issues addressed by it. This document is not
	the product of a chartered W3C group, but is published as
	potential input to the W3C Process. Please consult the complete
	list of acknowledged W3C Team Submissions.

I note that the n3 submission is full of typos and other grammatical
problems, including at least five in the "Status of This Document"
section.  The Turtle submission also has a typo in its "Status of This
Document" section.