Re: Introductions

Hi!

My name is Michael Schneider. I am a research associate at FZI Research
Center for Information Technologies at Karlsruhe, Germany [1]. In the EU
project "Agent-DYSL" [2], which aims to create an innovative assistive
reading environment for dyslexic children, I am responsible for the
development of an ontology infrastructure for this system. Additionally, in
collaboration with my colleague Felix Kratzer, I am working on a semantic
tagging concept for the 3D world Second Life [3], and we hope to get a first
version released until spring this year. I am also a PhD student at the
computer science department of the University of Frankfurt (Germany), in the
workgroup "Adaptive System Architecture" of Rüdiger Brause [4], being
interested in the computer assisted manual semantic representation of
arbitrary text documents.

Throughout my computer science studies (initially paired with mathematics,
later with philosophy) and afterwards I have been deeply engaged with formal
logic, functional programming theory, and computational learning theory.
Some years ago, I helped the group "Logic and Theory of Science" around
Wilhelm K. Essler at Frankfurt University (this group doesn't exist anymore)
in revising a reconstruction of a classic axiomatization of relativistic
mechanics by Hans Hermes. I also succeeded in reconstructing a core proof of
this work, which originally only existed in sketch form.

My personal profile page at FZI is [5]. I currently do not have a private
homepage.

Joining pretty late, I have closely followed the WG activity from the
beginning, and I have repeatedly posted comments regarding WG discussions to
the mailing list "public-owl-dev". To a significant amount, these comments
were concerned with issues regarding an RDF-compatible model-theoretic
semantics for OWL-1.1, aka "OWL-1.1-Full".

I would like to focus my contribution primarily on OWL-1.1-Full related
questions. While technical aspects would be my main concern, I would also be
interested in doing some surveying on the current situation of OWL-Full,
which usecases, user groups and experiences exist, in order to be able to
make more realistic estimates about the future of this language. I have to
admit that I am not at all an experienced expert in the area of RDF
compatible semantics, but I hope that my contributions will nonetheless be
useful to the WG, and will help to get the whole spec deployed in time.

A problem I have at the moment is that it will be somewhat difficult for me
to participate in the telecons at the given time. It will be a per-day
decision in each case whether I can take part or not. But I will try to call
in this Wednesday to friendly say hello to everyone! :)

I plan to attend the 2. F2F meeting.

[1] http://www.fzi.de/eng/index.php
[2] http://www.agent-dysl.eu
[3] http://secondlife.com