Re: Proposal to close ISSUE-73 (was Re: My ACTION-64 (to propose closing ISSUE-29))

I was a little surprised when an action to propose closing one issue,
result in a proposal to close another issue which has had very little
discussion.

I do not find Bijan's message as compelling on the main points which are:

- the Web context is not one that can be given a finite bound. Any
ontology that tries to do so is limiting its interoperability with other
ontologies.

- OWL Full compatibility; while I would agree that OWL Full is
necessarily infinite largely due to technical accidents rather than
design, the Web context argument was always seen as one that made this a
happy accident rather than a mistake.

I hope we can have adequate discussion before voting on this one.

Jeremy