Re: completeness

I have just looked through the whole thread and got a bit lost.

I thought I would return to Uli's original question.

My understanding is that we are going to have a clearly specified set of
requirements on reasoners for OWL Prime that defeats a trivial
implementation.

Specifically I am imaging a specification that approximates to:

- a definition of OWL Full 1.1 semantics
- an OWL Prime reasoner MAY always answer a question correctly by
answering it with in the terms of OWL Full.
- a definition of a weaker semantics for OWL Prime (this may be defined
in terms of a set of rules or axioms, or may be by a model theory that
is weaker than the OWL Full model theory)
- an OWL Prime system MUST find entailments by this weaker semantics.

(all sort of).
e.g. there are obviously system limitations in terms of resource limits ....

Am I on a different page from other people?
(I guess this is different from Jim's "we are trying to help people find
'useful' information")

Is it different from what Zhe or Michael are expecting?

I think it is conceivable, but undesirable, to have a 'faster' mode for
OWL Prime which methodically computes fewer entailments (e.g. certain
known to be difficult rules get switched off). I guess I would see that
as the sort of thing that implementors might enable themselves but
wouldn't be standardized.

Jeremy