Other fragments? Re: Major changes in Fragments Document

Hi Bernardo, others,

As I understand it, the (tractable) fragments document is to describe
fragments of the whole of OWL 1.1 and not OWL 1.1 DL only. Perhaps it
would be a good idea to include a pointer to some of the other
proposed fragments (RDFS 3.0 and OWLPrime). We could even include some
short description of these, with a note explaining that although they
are already used in practice, they will be included in the tractable
fragments document once their formal and computational properties are
fully understood.

Perhaps we could (re)organise the document in such a way that we
reserve a section for DL-related issues, and a section about the
others, with a note explaining that it is our intention that these
will be harmonised.

Best,

	Rinke

On 18 dec 2007, at 18:18, Bernardo Cuenca Grau wrote:

> After numerous comments against my deleting DLP, I have put it back.
> The presentation of the fragment has also been improved.
> Apologies for the inconveniences :-(
>
> Bernardo
>
> Bernardo Cuenca Grau wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have made quite a few changes in the Fragments document to
>> address some of the issues raised within the WG. Here's a summary
>> of the changes:
>>
>> - EL++ : included material from Carsten's wiki on EL++. Added a
>> grammar for facts
>> - DL-Lite: Added grammar for facts
>> - DLP: Deleted from the spec
>> - Horn-SHIQ: quite a few changes in the grammar according to
>> Borise's comments. Also, added a grammar for Facts
>> - RDFS: Added a grammar for facts.
>>
>> The figure that represents the relationships between the fragments
>> has also changed.
>>
>> Please, feel free to comment on all this!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Bernardo

Drs. Rinke Hoekstra

Email: hoekstra@uva.nl    Skype:  rinkehoekstra
Phone: +31-20-5253499     Fax:   +31-20-5253495
Web:   http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke

Leibniz Center for Law,          Faculty of Law
University of Amsterdam,            PO Box 1030
1000 BA  Amsterdam,             The Netherlands