Re: Inferring Properties based on Types

On 10/1/07 12:16 PM, Michael Schneider wrote:
> Hi, Evren and Dmitry!
>
> @Dmitry: Yes, what you say below was also the first thing which came to my
> mind, when I read Evren's answer. Of course, I wanted to express that the
> property 'manman' is somehow "equivalent" to a given, *arbitrary* class
> 'Man'. The axiom set should of course not only allow models in which 'Man'
> is an equivalent class of 'owl:Thing'. :)

Ah, of course :)
> But, Evren, many thanks for your reply! Great discussion, great points! I
> was completely unaware of this "Nonstructural Restrictions" issue, and I
> will look at it, as soon as I find time.

When you read through that section you will actually see that those
nonstructural restrictions do not apply to the set of axioms you had in
the beginning :) It is ok to use the same property in (local or global)
reflexivity restrictions and cardinality restrictions at the same time.
The nonstructural restrictions only limit the usage of composite
properties (the only composite property in your set of axioms is
brother) so it wasn't a problem to begin with.

The lesson of this thread (at least for me) is not to answer any logic
questions before noon on a Monday :)

Cheers,
Evren