From: Olivier Dameron <olivier.dameron@univ-rennes1.fr>
Date: 2009/1/30
Subject: support for owl2
To: cgolbrei@gmail.com

Dear Christine,
  Please find bellow the OWL-2 support-letter from U936.

cheers,
Olivier

INSERM U936 (formerly EA3888) is a joint INSERM and Rennes1
university research team. We focus on conceptual modeling of biomedical
knowledge. Our field of research covers the use of symbolic knowledge
for both improving classic approaches for biomedical and bioinformatics
data analysis, and for promoting the semantic aspect of data
interoperability on a clinical context.

We use extensively OWL1 for our research, as well as for local
applications related to Rennes' hospital. We certainly welcome the
developments of OWL2. We expect them to help us designing
semantically-richer ontologies. This would lead to finer results for
data analysis and for interoperability by reducing noise and silence
thanks to the additional expressivity. We also believe it will have the
side effect of making the maintenance process of several in-house
ontology easier compared to the ad-hoc tools we currently use.
In addition to our support to the OWL2 development, we would also like
to express our gratitude to all those who took an active part in this
achievment.

Olivier Dameron
Ass. professor Rennes1 university (France) / Inserm U936