Re: A Big Proposal: A way to control quality/resolution/framreate/simulcast/layering with RtpSender

On 19 February 2014 07:15, Chris Wendt <chris-w3c@chriswendt.net> wrote:
> I don’t believe there shouldn’t be aspirations of having a priority or
> frame-rate vs quality parameters meaning anything explicit, with any
> expected outcome other than a “preference" that guides the underlying
> implementation to “try" to conform to.

That's a reasonable starting point.  If this were:

priority: 0.5,   // give half the resources of something with priority 1
preferences: {
  scale: 1, // don't downsample if you please
  framerate: 30, // keep the frame rate here
  quality: // I have no idea what metric we should be using here
            // (0..1 where 0 = 0 bits and 1 = all the bits?)
}