Re: A Big Proposal: A way to control quality/resolution/framreate/simulcast/layering with RtpSender

On 18 February 2014 17:17, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com> wrote:
> As for priority, your "add bits proportionally" is exactly what I was
> thinking, but, as you pointed out, it's "roughly proportionally", since you
> can quite split up bit allocation that finely.  Whether a browser does it in
> a simple fashion or with more fancy "curves" may simply be browser, codec,
> and BWE dependent.  The JS gives the policy, and the browser does its best.

I think that unless there is some amount of determinism here, we will
leave applications doing funny heuristic things, browser sniffing and
the like.  I understand that it might be hard to specify something,
but I'd like something a little more deterministic than what you have
specified.