Re: May a Specific Resource be object of the oa:hasScope relationship ?

Hi Paolo,
> Hi Lutz,
> I am not sure I understand completely what you are doing as I see only
> an abstract example.
>
> I would probably use a SpecificResource
> http://www.openannotation.org/spec/core/specific.html#Specific
> in combination with a FragmentSelector
> http://www.openannotation.org/spec/core/specific.html#FragmentSelector
> therefore I would use a oa:hasSource rather than oa:hasScope.
Oh yes, I overlooked  the possibility of using XPointer as fragment
selector. I am currently not quite sure if it is allowed to be used with
URNs too(we can not use URLs to identify data records in or use case),
but at a first glance, it looks that the standard does not forbid that.
So, I don't need to define a XPath Selector anymore. Good News.

> A typical use of oa:hasScope is when you are annotating an image (with
> a URI) displaying in a webpage.
> The oa:hasSource is the image, the selector is for instance a
> oa:SvgSelector and the oa:hasScope is the webpage.
Hmm, I know that my use case is not quite typical as all recent
discussions went around that image in a web page example. That's why I
am asking to the list, if it would be "forbidden" to use oa:hasScope in
the way I described ?
So, can I use oa:hasScope within a Specific Body  to point at the
(resolvable)URI of a Specific Target, which defines somehow the context
in which the scoped body content should be seen by a client (application) ?

May be a short example:
Lets have a XML-document urn:uuid:doc01 as source. In my annotation I
define 2 Specific Targets aggregated in a Composite,
urn:uuid:doc01#xpointer(/a) and urn:uuid:doc01#xpointer(/b).
Now I have two Specific Bodies also aggregated in a composite, one is
holding contentAsText:"aaa", the other "bbb" and I want that the one
holding "aaa" should only be applied in context with Specific Target
urn:uuid:doc01#xpointer(/a) , the one holding "bbb" only with Specific
Target urn:uuid:doc01#xpointer(/b).
Finally, I want to add property "oa:hasScope
urn:uuid:doc01#xpointer(/a)" to Specific Body "aaa" and "oa:hasScope
urn:uuid:doc01#xpointer(/b)" to Specific Body "bbb" in order to express
this with OA 1.0.
Is this possible ?

Lutz