Re: New Specification Published!

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 11:57:26 +0100
To: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
CC: public-openannotation@w3.org
It's so rare that I disagree with Antoine that I must say it when it
happens :-)

> Sorry Ivan I've been unclear--and typed one slash too many. I meant:
> http://www.w3.org/ns/annotation#BLABLA
> http://www.w3.org/ns/annotation/ext1#BLABLA

So, for me, whatever would be those extensions, they will have an
identity. We are all always re-using or extending some vocabularies, and
still, there is a reason for this and we are not afraid to create a new
short name when it happens to label this identity. So do not nest URIs
(with sub-path) and give them more semantics than what they should have.
My preferences would be:
   - http://www.w3.org/ns/annotation#BLABLA (for the great core spec we
have)
   - http://www.w3.org/ns/new-short-name#BLABLA (for whatever future
extensions that could contain itself contain explicit owl:import
whatever you want)
My 2c.

   RaphaŽl

--