Re: OA, DCMI, FOAF; Oh My!

From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:46:31 -0600
To: Timothy Cook <timothywayne.cook@gmail.com>
Cc: public-openannotation <public-openannotation@w3.org>
Hi Tim,

If you could explain your requirements and/or use cases in a little
more detail, we may be in a better position to help.  Dublin Core and
FOAF are definitely mainstays of semantic markup, but serve in a very
different capacity to Open Annotation.  DC and FOAF describe
resources, whereas OA is primarily concerned with the relationships
between resources.

Thanks!

Rob