Re: status of rdf schemas

owl:versionInfo is meant to be whatever version you mean, like "2.0.5"
or "15" or "2012-08-13" or "bob".

owl:versionIRI is more useful, it is a URI to that particular version
of the ontology (ie. the OWL file) - for instance
http://openannotation.org/spec/core/20120509.owl

If we are going to update the OWL independently of the HTML, then it
should have its own timestamps. Ideally I think we should update them
together.

This would be easier to deal with if we had the 'trunk' of both the
HTML and OWL in Github or Mercurial or something, and then we make
snapshots with particular dates which we put on the website. (should
be on www.w3.org rather than openannotation.org !).

W3C has a mercurial repository - but I'm not sure if we get (proper)
access to it as a community group. I wonder if the accounts would all
need to be W3C members, I don't know.

(personally I prefer git!)