Re: ANN: New Positions in the Community Group

Hi everyone

I've just joined this group representing the computational linguistics field and the ISO TC37 SC4, which is developing standards for representing linguistic annotation (e.g., the Linguistic Annotation Framework- LAF). I sincerely hope to work closely with all of you to ensure that we are all traveling in the same direction.

We have recently established a Work Item under ISO TC37 SC4 WG1 to develop Exchange Protocols for linguistic data, primarily aimed toward standardizing exchange among web services. There is considerable overlap with the OA effort in terms of modeling the domain, and I feel some of your work can directly feed into ours. Therefore, I hope that at least one person centrally involved in OA can be involved in the working group, but anyone interested is welcome. Please contact me at ide@cs.vassar.edu if you want to be involved, either centrally (attending periodic meetings) or peripherally (on a mailing list).

Best,
Nancy Ide