Re: Streamlining the OA Model

Hi Robert,

Am 31.07.2012 20:20, schrieb Robert Sanderson:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> What happens when (a) someone else annotates that same section of
> text, and
You normally query annotations from a source, so you have the provenance
there. The URIs are just segmenting the primary data:

<http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html#offset_717_729>
      a str:StringInContext ;
      wa:comment <http://myannotation.org/comment/kf094erk430943k> ;
      wa:comment <http://myannotation.org/comment/3089joifdjlkdsfsffj> .

No problem, obviously, but you would need blank nodes or UUIDs.

> (b) someone defines an anchor that happens to look like the
> syntax?
as likely as two md5 hashes colliding in the wild ;)
I think, we might change the syntax a little, so it looks like a mixture
of MediaFragments and rfc5147
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html#char=717,729&x=y

What are the chances that somebody uses:
<h2 id="offset_717_729" >title</h2>
<h2 id="char=717,729&x=y" >title</h2>

> I'm glad that it works for you, but looking more broadly at annotating
> any web resource rather than just NLP I'm afraid that it doesn't work
> for us.
We are working on incorporating xPointer and HTML as well, especially
for ITS 2.0.
Sebastian

--
Dipl. Inf. Sebastian Hellmann