Re: OntoLex minutes 9/Apr/18

Hi, John, all:

14:00h CEST works fine for me, too.

I'll take this opportunity to announce an update of the Lexicography page.
Since spring is advancing and we mentioned that it would be nice to have a
draft of the module by summer, if I am not mistaken, I figured that a brief
summary of the content everyone provided in telcos, minutes and emails
since end of 2017 would be useful to remind us where we are in terms of
decisions concerning the module elements. You can find it at

https://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Lexicography#Telcos_from_December_2017_to_May_2018

I added a new figure at the end of that section to illustrate those
decisions. If you just missed the last telcos, scroll down to the section
March-April 2018 to catch up on the last discussion about DictionaryEntry
vs. SuperEntries and details on where that discussion comes from:

https://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Lexicography#March_--_April_2018

Also, as the goal of the module was not formally written yet and there were
questions and comments on it scattered through our minutes, I made a first
attempt at drafting it from the content everyone has provided in the
different channels since last summer. If you agree, we can polish it from
here through the email thread :)

Goal:

Model existing dictionaries in a * lemon*-OntoLex compliant way by
> providing a conceptual/abstract model for lexicographical resources in
> general: build a common space in which entities such as "entry",
> "dictionary sense", etc. can be agreed and commonly defined. This will be
> done in a way in which we abstract from specific linguistic views so that
> the new module remains highly reuseable across dictionaries (independently
> of their lexicographic tradition) as well as useful for new linked
> data-based ones.  By doing this, we bridge the gap between OntoLex
> commitments to what 'entries' and 'senses' are in other representations. In
> fact, we can consider this some kind of "compatibility module" that allows
> us to deal with many existent resources.

I hope this helps in giving a brief overview of the work in the module
elements so far.

Best regards and talk to you soon,

Julia