Re: regular date for telecons

Hello all,

I haven’t ever written to/responded to this list but I am a longtime lurker
;-).

I work at the Austrian Center for Digital Humanities (Austrian Academy of
Sciences) and am more active in the TEI realm but have a strong interest in
Lemon/ONTOLEX.

As part of ISO resolution 2016-04.02 (Multi-part development of LMF) myself
and Fahad Kahn are in the beginning stages of writing an etymology
extension to that standard.

This is intended to based on and compatible with what myself and Laurent
Romary propose in our TEI etymology paper (previously cited by Gilles:
https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01296498/). (*I of course invite you to read it
and I welcome your input.*)

Part of the work is a TEI serialization of LMF (there is also an LBX
serialization). Overall, a major goal of our model is for it to be abstract
enough to be used as a compatible reference or basis for other systems of
representing etymology, such as LEMON

We can of course keep this list informed and, possibly participate more
actively in discussions of a diachrony extension. We will also be looking
for input from experts and potential users as well.

Cheers,
Jack Bowers