RE: about the definition of LexicalConcept in the specs

From: Armando Stellato <stellato@uniroma2.it>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 08:36:41 +0000
To: Alexandre Rademaker <arademaker@gmail.com>, John McCrae <john@mccr.ae>
CC: "public-ontolex@w3.org" <public-ontolex@w3.org>
Thanks John and Alexandre for your answers,

I'm aware of the many gaps in many wordnets. The fact of starting from synsets (as in EWN) instead of aligning them a posteriori is even questionable but obviously, it has its positive aspects and practical necessities when starting such big coordinated efforts, so I see it more as a acceptable deviation from the mission, in order to produce aligned synsets across languages, than a theoretically-founded  approach.

I fully agree with John on relying on the "purpose of the resource", so if such a resource as an "onomasiological lexicon" exists, then it's ok to have its concepts typed as LexicalConcepts. Still think that, from the eye of a potential Ontolex/Lemon user who is not familiar with the model and is reading the specs, that part sounds a little ambiguous, that's why I suggested to make the definition more clear and explicit on its intentions, and then allow users to deal with their platypuses ;-)

Cheers,

Armando