Re: progress on release of first specification of ontolex

Hi Gerard,

  thanks, but why does http://www.lexvo.org/page/iso639-3/eng resolve
properly while http://lexvo.org/id/iso639-1/en does not?

Philipp.

Am 05.11.15 um 10:49 schrieb Gerard de Melo:
> Hi Philipp,
>
> For Lexvo.org, you can either use 3-letter ISO 639-3 codes such as
>
>  http://lexvo.org/id/iso639-3/eng
>
> or 2-letter ISO 639-1 codes such as
>
>  http://lexvo.org/id/iso639-1/en
>
> Gerard
>

> On 2015-11-5 17:03, Philipp Cimiano wrote:
>> And one small thing:
>>
>> in many examples we use the dublin core terms property "language" to
>> express language information.
>>
>> Sometimes we use "eng" and "en" as language identifier (local name) with
>> respect to the LOC and LEXVO datasets.
>>
>> It seems to me that there are some mistakes here.
>>
>> It seems that LOC uses "eng" and LEXVO uses "en".
>>
>> For instance:
>>
>> http://www.lexvo.org/page/iso639-1/eng -> does not resolve property, while
>>
>> http://www.lexvo.org/page/iso639-1/en -> does resolve
>>
>> On the other hand:
>>
>> http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/iso639-2/en -> does not resolve, while
>>
>> http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/iso639-2/eng -> does resolve
>>
>> Thus, in all examples we should use:
>>
>> lexvo:en and loc:eng to indicate language information.
>>
>> A minor thing, but still...
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Philipp.
>>

>> Am 05.11.15 um 09:38 schrieb Philipp Cimiano:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>>   apologies for my silence in the last weeks. I have been distracted by
>>> many other things in October. Now I am working on the release of the
>>> ontolex spec with high priority. I have worked through all the
>>> normative sections of the specification. There are smaller issues that
>>> I will clarify with the main stakeholders of these modules directly.
>>>
>>> It is now time to have a final check of the spec if you want.
>>>
>>> I am confident that I will finish the thorough check of the model in
>>> the next few weeks.
>>>
>>> I will then give all the opportunity of doing a final check in the
>>> first two weeks of December.
>>>
>>> We will then release the specification of the model this year.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Philipp.

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
AG Semantic Computing
Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
Universität Bielefeld

Tel: +49 521 106 12249
Fax: +49 521 106 6560
Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de