Re: progress on release of first specification of ontolex

Hi Philipp,

Indeed, language identifiers are usually problematic.

> On 05 Nov 2015, at 10:03, Philipp Cimiano <cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
>
> And one small thing:
>
> in many examples we use the dublin core terms property "language" to express language information.
>
> Sometimes we use "eng" and "en" as language identifier (local name) with respect to the LOC and LEXVO datasets.
>
> It seems to me that there are some mistakes here.
>
> It seems that LOC uses "eng" and LEXVO uses "en".
>
> For instance:
>
> http://www.lexvo.org/page/iso639-1/eng -> does not resolve property, while

 http://lexvo.org/id/iso639-1/en <http://lexvo.org/id/iso639-1/en> only contains a "sameAs" link to lexvo:iso639-3/eng <http://www.lexvo.org/page/iso639-3/eng> (http://lexvo.org/id/iso639-3/eng <http://lexvo.org/id/iso639-3/eng>).

The 3-letter id being the one with attached information.

In DBnary I personally chose to always use iso639-3 (3-letter codes) to identify languages.

What may also be seen is that on the lexvo web site, the lexvo prefix does not include the iso639-3 part.

Maybe examples should use the 639-3 prefix mot be coherent with LOC.

Regards,

Gilles,