Re: synsem module ready

Hi John, all,

  working through these comments:

1. The definition of 'other form' still says '[Other form] should be
.... an abbreviation, short form or acronym'. This is incorrect and
contradicts the definition of lexical entry. Can we add an example
clarifying the representation of abbreviations? -> added to the agenda
for tomorrow

2) Rethink example 10

3) Example 17: is supposed to show how to use denotes and evokes. We
could change the IATE concept.

4) I agree that the definition of semantic frame could be simplified. I
like the one you propose below.

5) Exampes 5 and 6: I think they are important to show people how to use
the model also in more complex cases. I strongly argue to keep them!
Examples are key to make people adopt the model. Many things are not
understandable from the descriptions alone...

So I table the above things for the agenda tomorrow...

Regards,

Philipp

Am 20.05.15 um 16:57 schrieb John P. McCrae:
> [...]
>
>     I would avoid a sequence of two "represents". Moreover, I think
>     that "with" should be "that".
>
>     In Example synsem/example3, there is again owl:subPropertyOf.
>
>     Also, In Example synsem/example4, there is again owl:subPropertyOf.
>
>     In the section "Complex Senses / Semantic Frames", there is the
>     definition of synsem:subframe, while in the figure there is the
>     property synsem:subsense.
>
>     Just below Example synsem/example7, there is an example involving
>     the property father: the property should point to the child;
>     however, the name of the property suggests to me that the object
>     is the father (just in the same manner skos:broader points to the
>     broader of a given concept).
>
>     I think that Example synsem/example9  should be explained in more
>     detail.
>
>     I didn't find the definition of synsem:propertyDomain and
>     synsem:propertyRange; then, I realized that they were moved to the
>     core module. The diagram of the core module must be updated to
>     include these properties, as well as the diagram of the synsem
>     module to remove them.
>
>     I noticed that in the infobox providing the definition of
>     propertyRange and propertyDomain, the URI still uses the synsem
>     namespace instead of the core ontolex namespace.
>
>     Finally, I noticed a typo in the definition of ontolex:LexicalEntry:
>     "The class lexical entry represents a unit of analysis of the
>     lexicon that consist of a set of forms that are grammatically ... "
>
>     It should be "that consists" with an append "s".
>
>     Best Regards
>
>     Manuel Fiorelli

>     <cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
>     <mailto:cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>>:
>
>         Dear all,
>
>          I have been working on finalizing the synsem module, please
>         check:
>
>         https://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Final_Model_Specification#Syntax_and_Semantics_.28synsem.29
>
>         The next telco to discuss the synsem module will be on Friday
>         the 22nd of Mai, 16:00 CET.
>
>         Please send me any issues to discuss or comments on the synsem
>         module by Thurday 21st of Mai at the very latest.
>
>         Thanks and best regards,
>
>         Philipp.
>
>         --
>         --
>         Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
>         AG Semantic Computing
>         Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
>         Universität Bielefeld
>
>         Tel: +49 521 106 12249 <tel:%2B49%20521%20106%2012249>
>         Fax: +49 521 106 6560 <tel:%2B49%20521%20106%206560>
>         Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
>         <mailto:cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>
>
>         Office CITEC-2.307
>         Universitätsstr. 21-25
>         33615 Bielefeld, NRW
>         Germany

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
AG Semantic Computing
Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)

Fax: +49 521 106 6560