Re: teleconference tomorrow 15:00

Jorge, all,

  rethinking this, my feeling would be that we recommend the use of the
PROV-O vocabulary to add an an activity and or agent that produces the
Translation.
This can be an algorithm of course. Human validation should be another
type of activity.

So maybe this is not a case for adding new vocabulary, but showing how
to use PROV-O in the context of ontolex to add such metadata. The
confidence should be in my view also a confidence of the algorihtm or
human that produced the translation. As such, there could be even
different confidences by different agents on the same Translation, is
that correct?

Regards,

Philipp.

Am 16.10.14 12:34, schrieb John P. McCrae:

> [...]
>
>           * There is no property to indicate the conjugation
>             (morphological pattern) of a word
>
>         Variation
>
>           * Lexical Variant is defined between either forms /or/
>             lexical entries... there should be a class that is only
>             for forms and a class that is only for entries
>           * All variants are specified only in their 'reified' form,
>             do we want to allow users to directly state variation
>             between two entries (or forms or senses) with a single triple?
>           * Are the Interlingual-/IntralingualVariant classes necessary?
>
>         Metadata
>
>           * There is no link between the metadata module and any other
>             module in OntoLex
>           * The Lexicon class is a duplicate of one already in the core
>           * The language property is a duplicate of one defined in the
>             core
>           * ConceptualizedLinguisticResource is not used by any other
>             part of module
>           * The 'lexical link set' class and property are not used by
>             any other part of the module
>           * Several properties are named the same as classes except
>             for the case of the first letter: resourceCoverage,
>             language, lexicalLinkSet and lexicalization
>           * Is the 'linguistic model' really required by every
>             lexicalization?
>

>         Please check also the examples on the metadata module that I
>         will send today.
>
>         We should also discuss the issue brought up by Francesca. My
>         feeling is also that it is akward to see anonyms as
>         "variants". They are clearly semantic relations that we should
>         not specify further. So we could think about introducing a
>         generic "senseRelation".
>
>         On the issue of variation that John raises: we could add two
>         classes LexicalFormVariant and LexicalSenseVariant; the
>         interlingual and intralingual variants we agreed to leave out
>         of the model. But we wanted to keep translation as a subclass
>         of LexicalSenseVariant I think.
>
>         Talk to you tomorrow,
>
>         Philipp.
>

>         --
>         --
>         Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
>         AG Semantic Computing
>         Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
>         Universität Bielefeld
>
>         Tel:+49 521 106 12249  <tel:%2B49%20521%20106%2012249>
>         Fax:+49 521 106 6560  <tel:%2B49%20521%20106%206560>
>         Mail:cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de  <mailto:cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>
>
>         Office CITEC-2.307
>         Universitätsstr. 21-25
>         33615 Bielefeld, NRW
>         Germany
>

>     --
>     Jorge Gracia, PhD
>     Ontology Engineering Group
>     Artificial Intelligence Department
>     Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
>     http://jogracia.url.ph/web/

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
AG Semantic Computing
Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)

Fax: +49 521 106 6560