Re: LIME proposal for the OntoLex W3C Community Group

Dear Armando, all,

  second email on the metadata, referring in particular to the
aggregating properties.

Many of the properties that we are proposing in the metadata module are
aggregating properties: number of lexical entries, average number of
lexical entries etc.

We sort of agreed that these are computed locally for the dataset in
question without consulting external lexica etc. right?

The values for most of these values could be calculated using SPARQ
construct statements it seems in the sense that some information is
aggregated and added as explicit value of some lime property. Fair
enough, it saves people the effort to run the SPARQL queries over the
dataset themselves, making this information readily accessible.

However, in order to properly document the semantics of the lime
poperties we introduce, would it not be feasible to indicate a SPARQL
construct query that computes the property value? In that sense we would
clearly define the semantics of these metadata properties.

What do you think?

Philipp.