Re: ontolex.owl

Dear all,

  thanks for all your comments.

A new version of ontolex.owl is on GIT.

Thierry: I corrected the mistake you spotted both on the wiki and in the
GIT.

Manuel: Inverse of IsEvokedBy is added

Manuel: SKOS vocabulary imported, added LexicalConcept subClassOf
skos:Concept.

More next week.

Have a good weekend!

Philipp.

Am 27.06.14 14:46, schrieb Manuel Fiorelli:
> Dear Philipp, All
>
> please my answers below.

> <cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
> <mailto:cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>>:
>
>     Dear Manuel, all,
>
>      see my answers below....
>
>     Am 23.06.14 16:30, schrieb Manuel Fiorelli:
>>     Dear Philipp,
>>
>>     I reviewed the final specification
>>     (http://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Final_Model_Specification)
>>     and the OWL ontology
>>     (https://github.com/cimiano/ontolex/blob/master/Ontologies/ontolex.owl),
>>     for what concerns with the core module. The following paragraphs
>>     follows the structure of the final specification; However, I
>>     interweave comments on the OWL ontology as well.
>>
>>     *Comments on the ontology (ontolex.owl):*
>>
>>     The comments on the defined entities are represented as
>>     xsd:string typed literal. In fact, they should be plain literals
>>     (or language tagged literals, in RDF 1.1) with language tag en.
>
>     You are right, a changed the range of all comments to xsd:string
>

> In the old RDF parlance, a comment should be a plain literal (without
> datatype) with a given language tag (in our case "en"). In RDF 1.1,
> such literals have, in fact, datatype rdf:langString. However, it
> seems that the XML serialization is able to infer such datatype from
> the presence of a language tag
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-literal-node).
> Therefore, for the sake of compatibility, I would say that a comment
> should be like this:
>         <rdfs:comment xml:lang="en">The Form class represents one
> lexical variant of the written representation of a lexical
> entry.</rdfs:comment>
>

>>     *Section "Core*"
>>
>>     In the previous section you associate the ontolex: prefix to the
>>     namespace <http://www.w3.org/ns/lemon/ontolex#>.
>>     However, in the vocabulary description, you use URIs such
>>     as<http://www.w3.org/ns/lemon/ontolex/LexicalEntry>, which
>>     assumes a different namespace <http://www.w3.org/ns/lemon/ontolex/>.
>>
>     OK, I am not sure which namespace we should choose, we should
>     briefly discuss this today.
>

> As a starting point, we could consider this:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/#choosing
>
> I just noticed that many popular vocabularies (RDF, RDFS, OWL, ...)
> use the #, but there are some significant exceptions, such as foaf and
> dc terms.
>

>>     *Section "Core" / "Forms"*
>>
>>     In the specification of the class Form, you use a qualified
>>     number restriction, while in the ontology you use an ordinary
>>     number restriction. Moreover, the examples following the class
>>     definition don't explain to me, when a form may have two or more
>>     written representations.
>
>     In the ontology I use a qualified number restriction, can you
>     please check again?
>

> On github it seems that you use an ordinary number restriction
> (https://github.com/cimiano/ontolex/blob/master/Ontologies/ontolex.owl#L373).

> [...]

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
AG Semantic Computing
Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
Universität Bielefeld

Tel: +49 521 106 12249
Fax: +49 521 106 6560
Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de