ontolex telco today at 15:00 (CET)

Dear all,

   I intend to have our regular ontolex telco today at 15:00. I would
like to discuss two things:

1) namespace (see email below from Manuel)

2) lime module (only if Armando and/or Manuel) are present

Manuel: I respond to the issues you mentioned below in a separate email.

Best regards,

Philipp.

Am 23.06.14 16:30, schrieb Manuel Fiorelli:
> Dear Philipp,
>
> I reviewed the final specification
> (http://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Final_Model_Specification)
> and the OWL ontology
> (https://github.com/cimiano/ontolex/blob/master/Ontologies/ontolex.owl),
> for what concerns with the core module. The following paragraphs
> follows the structure of the final specification; However, I
> interweave comments on the OWL ontology as well.
>
> *Comments on the ontology (ontolex.owl):*
>
> The comments on the defined entities are represented as xsd:string
> typed literal. In fact, they should be plain literals (or language
> tagged literals, in RDF 1.1) with language tag en.
>

> *Section "Conventions in this document"*
>
> Since you advocate the use of RDF 1.1, then you could use the latest
> specification of Turtle, which has been published alongside RDF 1.1:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/
>
> The LIME namespace has been erroneously associated with the prefix
> vartrans:
>
> *Section "Core*"
>
> In the previous section you associate the ontolex: prefix to the
> namespace <http://www.w3.org/ns/lemon/ontolex#>.
> However, in the vocabulary description, you use URIs such
> as<http://www.w3.org/ns/lemon/ontolex/LexicalEntry>, which assumes a
> different namespace <http://www.w3.org/ns/lemon/ontolex/>.
>
> *Section "Core" / "Lexical Entries"*
>
> In the specification there is only the axiom stating that a lexical
> entry has a at least one lexical form. However, in the ontology there
> is also an axiom stating that there could be at most one canonical form.
>
> *Section "Core" / "Forms"*
>
> In the specification of the class Form, you use a qualified number
> restriction, while in the ontology you use an ordinary number
> restriction. Moreover, the examples following the class definition
> don't explain to me, when a form may have two or more written
> representations.
>
> In the ontology, ontolex:representation does not have a range. Nor
> ontolex:phoneticRep has a range (it would be redundant, anyway).
> ontolex:writtenRep has range xsd:string, which is inconsistent with
> the specification, which uses RDF 1.1 language tagged literals.
>
> From the specification: "It can also have different phonetic
> representations corresponding to different ways of pronouncing it." I
> would replace the pronoun with the explicit subject "Form"
>
> Thank you for making me aware of language tags such as en-US-fonipa
> (for the phonetic representation). Maybe you could highlight in the
> specification how you used the sublanguage tag fonipa for the phonetic
> representation of a form in a given language.
>
> *Section "Core" / "Semantics"*
>
> In the ontology, the definition for ontolex:isSenseOf erroneously uses
> "owl:incompatibleWith", instead of rdfs:comment
>
> In the ontology, ontolex:isReferenceOf is not explicitly declared
> inverse functional.
>
> *Section "Core" / "Lexicons"*
>
> In the first example, the row

> [...]

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
AG Semantic Computing
Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
Universität Bielefeld

Tel: +49 521 106 12249
Fax: +49 521 106 6560
Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de