Re: Issues with backwards compatibility

I think phrase is wider than the normal use of MWU.  "a very
interesting book I picked up last Thursday" is a phrase, as is "dog
ate two cats with relish", but they would not normally be called
multi-word units.  Of course, we can define our own meanings, but it
is good not to strain the standard usage too much.

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies