Re: Issues with backwards compatibility

Hi,

Excuse me but in English, the notion of "phrase" is rather different
from the notion of "multiword unit", see for instance the definition in
Crystal (a dictionary of linguistics and phonetics).

The span of a multiword unit does not need to match the limits of well
formed phrases.

The extreme situation is when a multiword unit is not a phrase but a
whole sentence like: "there is no free lunch" if the lexicon manager
needs to document the meaning of this "element" in his lexicon (other
issue: what part of speech ? interjection ?).

Gil