Re: Issues with backwards compatibility

From: Francis Bond <bond@ieee.org>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 17:35:46 +0800
To: Paul Buitelaar <paul.buitelaar@deri.org>
Cc: "public-ontolex@w3.org" <public-ontolex@w3.org>, Gabi Vulcu <Gabriela.Vulcu@deri.org>
G'day,

> not sure on affixes

There are some productive affixes that are synonymous with open class
words.  For example, the -re in reread (or re-read) "read again" or
the co- in co-develop "develop with".   There is the beginnings of a
consensus that we should include these in wordnet, so it would be good
to have them in lemon,   For non-English, Japanese -者 '-er' (as in 労働者
labor-er) is another often discussed example (and is in the Japanese
Wordnet already).

It's conventional to have a '-' showing if it is an affix or a suffix,
it may be better to have that as an attribute on the lexeme (which
would make it easier to
cover languages with circumfixes and infixes).

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies