Re: telco this Friday

Hi Gil, all,

Am 30.01.14 09:12, schrieb Gil Francopoulo:
> Dear Philip and Lars,
>
> I agree with Lars.
>
> I suggest to take a look (and follow) IETF BCP 47 in the examples

+1.

> , where:
>
> * a language code is never in upper-case but in lower-case,

both would be fine according to BCP 47 - it is case insensitive.

> * a country code is always in upper-case and respects ISO-3166-1

see above.

> * this is to allow combination like eng (when any detail is not
> needed) but permits precisions like eng-US or eng-UK.

eng-US is not a bcp 47 language tag, since bcp47 requires the use of a
two letter code if available , see
http://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp47#section-2.2.1
" When languages have both an ISO 639-1 two-character code and a three-
    character code (assigned by ISO 639-2, ISO 639-3, or ISO 639-5), only
    the ISO 639-1 two-character code is defined in the IANA registry."

- Felix