R: telco today at 15:00 (CET)

Hi Elena,

though I (think I) see the rationale behind it and thus understand the
interest in the proposal, there is a number of contra which (in my humble
opinion) would crash over the pros...

1) if our model has still to model wordnet, we still have to put that sense
reification in between words and synsets, as <synset>s represent the <sense>
of these <word>s (and this is the wordnet model's theory, and we cannot
change it)
2) ...then you would have two senses, making a really complicate model...
3) your sense in between the bag of words and the ontreference, would be
like saying "I'm using wordnet, but I don't commit to its synset
agglomeration", and take only part of the words of a given synset. But
wordnet is not much more than the organization of words; if you don't commit
to it, then you don't get much from WordNet. If one is (re)using wordnet,
they are implicitly committing to its synset organization (or may not commit
to it in some cases, and those cases they would use bnodes instead of
synsets, or simply use the shortcut from senses to ontrefs).

Cheers,

Armando