Re: Material for telco today

Hi John, some comments:

On Jul 5, 2013, at 1:12:31 PM , John McCrae <jmccrae@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I added some extensions to the model
> denotes and reference are functional
Can we be sure of that? Alternative denotations and references can occur in a model or a union of models ...
> Add the Form and Lexicon class
> Add the object properties lexicalForm, otherForm, canonicalForm and entry
> Added datatype properties language and writtenRep
> Add pairwise disjoint axioms for Lexicon, LexicalEntry, Form, Sense and LexicalConcept
Here I'd rather avoid too much commitment on semiotic disjointness. The classical counterexamples of Peirce's is that an expression can be used as an interpretant of another. More counterexamples exist when dealing with the de re vs. de dicto usage of language. In my opinion (reflected in semiotics.owl), Meaning, Expression and Reference should not be assumed as disjoint.

I'll participate at least in the initial part of the telco.
Aldo