Re: Error Ontology

Hi,

I am working on REST API’s for validation and evaluation.

To make my life more complicated, for every triple <function, action, asset>  I want two API, one returns the possible evaluation paths (eg. <agreement, rule, <any messages>> and a second one returns actual evaluation outcome <result, activation, <any messages>>.

For consistency, I have two types of response (an internal JSON for my IDE, and either RDF or JSON-LD for general consumption) and I have 2 types of errors :

The API errors (e.g. 500) – these are simple to represent;
The “traversal” errors (like my example error below: “enquiry for subject A on world B => subject A doesn’t exist) could turn out to be complicated (e.g. the validation could be a sequence logical constraint X not satisfied in rule R for party A in world B), and I am wondering if the best representation for a machine would be an RDF (or JSON-LD) output to “understand the error” – those would go in the <any messages> section of a response.

So the answer is sort of ‘both’: machine-readable that could be easily templated for human consumption.

Thanks,

Joshua Cornejo

marketdata

embed open standards