Re: Profiles Best Practice - how to deal with sub-classes of Rule - open until 5 October

HI all,

I excuse my participation today, as I have teaching duties.

I would like to report some activity wrt ODLR:

*1. Mapping of data licenses to ODRL**
*We are renewing our effort to map licenses to ODRL:
a) Licenses are published as independent files in an open github repo.
Anyone can discuss the mapping, changes are traceable. See our progress
here: https://github.com/Pret-a-LLOD/pddm/tree/develop/data/licenses
b) Licenses will be updated to the newest schema (the previous effort is
outdated)
c) Licenses specific to the language resources domain will be added. Of
special value, as they will be validated by the domain experts.
d) We are observant of related offorts, such as this:
https://github.com/spdx/license-list-data. They do have a structed JSON.
See an example here: https://spdx.github.io/license-list-data/NASA-1.3.json
We can also build on their effort, as the effort has CC-BY license.
Question to the ODRL community group? Should I approach the authors
suggesting them to use the ODRL schema and have JSON-LD instead of their
JSON?

*2. ODRL-related services**
*We are also developing ODRL-related services. Will report in subsequent
efforts.

*3. Today's debate.**
*I am mildly in favor of Option 1, but I am not sure I understand the
consequences of either choice.

Regards,
Víctor

--
Víctor Rodríguez-Doncel
D3205 - Ontology Engineering Group (OEG)

Campus de Montegancedo s/n
Boadilla del Monte-28660 Madrid, Spain
Tel. (+34) 910672914
Skype: vroddon3